It might be slightly after Halloween. But there will be undead fun aplenty as the Curse of the Vampire Coast comes to Total War: Warhammer II on November 8th, 2018. The DLC pack will introduce new Legendary Lords, creatures and monsters, and new game mechanics.
The setting is the east coast of Lustria, originally claimed by the undying lord Luthor Harkon. And now there are more undead sea admirals with crews of zombies, vampires, syreens and mournguls.
That’s before you come across Amanar, a vast and ancient Merwyrm which attacks ports and summons colossal sea-storms. The only way to control the beast would be to locate and power the Star-Metal Harpoon, which is the aim of each of the Legendary Lords.
Curse of the Vampire Coast DLC Contents:
The full list of new Total War: Warhammer II content in the Curse of the Vampire Coast DLC is:
- 4 new Legendary Lords
- New Lore of Magic: The Lore of the Deep
- New roster: command towering constructs, ghastly pincered sea-beasts, ghoulish horrors and musket-wielding piratical zombie hordes in battle!
- A suite of all-new campaign mechanics:
- Treasure Maps: Find treasure maps and dig for booty
- Ship Building: Upgrade each Legendary Lord’s unique ship
- Infamy: Rule the waves to become the most infamous pirate of all
- Pirate Coves: Establish hidden enclaves in your enemies settlements
- Fleet Offices: Reward your undead Admirals with positions of power to improve their loyalty
- Pieces of Eight: Sail the seas to unlock eight new Regiments of Renown
- New battle mechanics:
- More Powder: Use your Heroes to keep your gun-lines topped up with ammo
- Extra Powder: While black powder is plentiful, each unit will benefit from a variety of missile-related buffs
Although there’s obviously a big naval aspect to the Curse of the Vampire Coast, full ship battles won’t be coming to Total War: Warhammer II. Instead if you decide to fight a battle after encountering enemies on the water, you’ll both disembark to fight on a nearby island.
Curse Of The Vampire Coast Trailer
The Curse of the Vampire Coast DLC will be available for the PC on November 8th, 2018, with MacOS and Linux versions coming soon after. It’ll cost £13.99 at release, but you can save 10% by pre-ordering for £12.59. The base Total War:Warhammer II game itself is on sale until 8th October, 2018 on Steam down from £39.99 to £26.79.
Players who don’t purchase the Curse of the Vampire Coast pack will still see the pirate captains and their forces as AI controlled enemies, the Vampire Counts in Mortal Empires will get an update, and there will be some free content to accompany the launch, including a new Legendary Lord.
More Curse of the Vampire Coast Screens:
Also published on Medium.